Tuesday 12 August 2014

Stuck in Stoke on Trent.

We cruised the few mile from Westport lake to Etruria at the top of Stoke on Trent locks and moored. Walked over to the Toby Carvery at Festival Park to see if we needed to book for Sunday dinner. We didn't so we had a Saturday afternoon drink before returning to the boat for lunch, well it would have been rude not to. I woke up on Sunday morning tried to get out of bed and had a severe pain from the top of my head down my neck to my shoulder. I laid back down. Marlene helped me to sit up and fetched me some Paracetamol. The pain continued with the slightest movement or if I coughed. I phoned the NHS 111 service and after a lot of questions they found me a walk in centre about a mile away in Hanley which is part of Stoke. We walked over to the pub and they phoned a taxi for us. The doctor examined my neck, nearly sending me through the ceiling when he touched it. He told me I had pulled a muscle and prescribed pain killers and Diazepam to relax the Muscle. We still went to the carvery for dinner but i was on Lime and Soda because of the tablets. It is better this morning but not quite ready to do the Stoke flight of five locks. We are due to meet Stephen and the boys in Stone tomorrow,but it looks like they will have to come up to Stoke to help with the locks.

No comments:

Post a Comment